Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mackinac Island

For our 2 year anniversary Steven and I went to the famous Mackinac Island. It is nestled off the shores of the upper peninsula of Lake Huron.


No cars are allowed. You get around by foot, horse, or bike. We tried a little of each. In fact, their taxis are horse-drawn carriages

Arch Rock, We love the water of the Lake Huron; it is so blue!
Our little bed and breakfast we stayed at. They had some great breakfast. I think I was mostly a fan of their oatmeal.

The governor's mansion. Maybe I should convince Steven to become governor of Michigan some day.
Lots of horses and lots of horse poo. They were really good about keeping things cleaned up with professional pooper-scoopers.

Steven enjoying our little room of the B&B
Check out that hottie!




9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous, that looks like so much fun! We have been talking about going. Did you like the place you stayed? I'm trying to decide whether to go just us or take my family when they come. Hopefully I'll see you at work this week!

sarah said...

That looks like a really fun place to visit. Congrats on your second year together!

Becky said...

I love that place! I'm glad you guys took the trip. We've been their twice and my mom's coming to town and wants to go, so I guess it'll be 3 times, but oh so fun. You guys got some great pics.

Casey and Tamra said...

Looks like fun. I need to plan a trip for me and Casey one of these days. It's about time we have a little break.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a great vacation. It looks like a gorgeous place to visit!

Nonny said...

Happy 2nd anniversary! It looks like you had a blast!!

Lisa said...

cool pics!! can't wait to see y'all!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I almost couldnt find your blog this time. Then a vision came to me: "Google". lol..its scary what you can dig up on there. Anyway, thats cool that you guys went to Mackinac! We just got back from that area a couple days ago. (We went off-roading w/ our jeep) And I actually went to the island for the first time, last year. And I've lived here my whole life! Pretty sad. I loved the boat ride over, that was cool. And I liked that the island didnt have any cars. It made me feel kinda like I was back in the old days. Anyway just thought I'd drop ya a line. Talk to ya later!

Kelly Merrell said...

Hey little Becky! How are you? How is good old Steven? Looks like you guys just celebrated your 2nd anniversary in style! Can you believe it was over two years ago that we were sitting in our apartment looking at Sandals Resort catalogs all day! Remember when you told your mom over the phone that Steven had proposed and you told her it was a heart shaped ring....still makes me laugh. Hope you guys are doing well!