Saturday, April 17, 2010

Callie's Wild Hair 1st Birthday Party

Callie officially turned one years old. Since Callie's hair has been long and crazy since she the day she was born, we celebrated with a wild hair party.




During the party we played "Pin the Bow on Callie", where the grand babies pinned bows on a big picture of Callie and "Callie Pictionary", which Carriane was so kind to share her idea.

Mom, me, did pink highlights. Dad, went punk rocker with spikes, and Callie wore a gigantic bow with a pink pony tail.

Poor Reesie, by the end of the party she was done, but Hunter had a blast wearing his hair just like his dad with the blue mohawk! Sarah wore a fun BIG flower to add to the wild fling.


Amber, Brennon, Haden, and Bailey. Amber threw her hair into some fun pig tails, brennon styled what hair he did have, Hayden came with wild spikes, and bailey came with a bazzilions bows on her head.


Amy wore a gun big green bow. Mom had the wild pony tails, and Ben hid his crazy hair under a hat the whole time to reveal it at the very end.





The male adult wild hair award winner was of course, Poppy, with a mix of everything you could think of in his hair.


Carriane won the adult female award with her gigantic black fro, Ben won the most artistic award with his hidden hair under his artist hat.

The grand babies had a blast. I think they loved playing with Callie's birthday toys more than Callie!


The birthday cake turned out awesome. I though Callie would love destroying it, but it turned out that she was most interested in the fondante.

I though Callie needed a wild cake for her wild party, so I made her a wild zebra cake.

6 comments:

Angela said...

What a fun and cute idea for a birthday party! I love it.. and I love your awesome cake making skills! I wish you could give me some lessons!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that cake! It is so cute. You have skills Becky! I don't know about you but I looked at my little one and personally I am amazed at how fast the last year has gone by. Happy Birthday Callie and many more to come!!! :)

Carianne said...

We had a great time at your party! I especially liked the bow "parting gift" from Callie. I can't wait to see what you come up with for her 2nd birthday!

Nonny said...

Awesome job on Callie's 1st birthday party! You guys outdid yourselves. Michael's pizza making skills were great and the cake was beautiful! Lots of fun!

Deanne said...

She is still adorable as ever! I can't believe she is already one...

Love her cake! Great job making it!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.