Monday, August 18, 2008


So we took Amy to the famous Field Museum in Chicago, IL. They had all kinds of cool stuff like Egyptian and American history displays, plants, stones, and yes dinosaurs! Behind us is a T-Rex head. They had big dinosaurs put together too, but I wanted to put a picture of me and my cute husband up!

So Mummies, kinda creepy...... but cool at the same time. Did you know they even mummified cats and birds!


Oh and of course what would Chicago be without Chicago style pizza! This was Amy's very first! MMMMMMMM so yummy. I think it is very wise that they do not put the number of calories per slice. Then you feel less guilty when you eat 1, 2, or three slices!



Check this bear out! The museum had a lot of really cool displays like our friendly real live bear! ....Okay maybe if he were really alive he would not be so friendly, but cool thought huh!

We are so glad that Amy would come up to see us. We love visitors. Amy is such a beautiful, sweet, kind, gentle, fun-loving, talented girl. She will make some lucky guy very happy some day. Oh and I recently heard she just made the varsity volley ball team at Casa Grande High School! Way to go girl!

12 comments:

Melisa said...

That pizza looks SO GOOD! I've never had that kind of pizza either.

Yeah for volleyball!

amber said...

chicago style pizza is sooooo good! mmm makes me crave a little...

Becky said...

What a fun trip! That was a cute bear and definitely worth Eskimo kissing. My friend, Christi, mailed me one of those Chicago syle pizzas when she lived there. It was all frozen and must have cost a bundle to send, but it was oh-so-good!

sarah said...

That is so fun that Amy came to visit! Sounds like you are getting in lots of fun stuff before Steven has to go back to school. By the way, Hunter really likes the music on your blog, he heard it and stopped playing to sit and conduct!

Angela said...

hi becky! i am enjoying your playlist while i am working on my rs newsletter. :) amy is getting all grown up and she's so beautiful! i would love to go see all the awesome museums in chicago and eat the pizza! we should come visit! i am a stay at home mom for another 3 weeks and then i'll be a part time worker.. someday i'll get to stay home always!! love you!
ange

Lisa said...

Looks like fun!! and YUM!! Can't wait to see y'all next week!!

Anonymous said...

Becky!
Hey ol' pal... remeber me from NAU? Its Laci. I was looking at peoples blogs that went to NAU and came across yours. Im so glad to see that your doing great! It looks like you guys are having lots of fun.
Well I just wanted to say hi and its good to see whats new in your life! Take care!

Kate said...

Becky! Hey there! Wow! I just found your blog!! It's been, gosh, like 5 or 6 years since I've seen you, so I don't even know if you remember me, your old roommate Kate in good ol' Riordan Ranch apts. I married John Jay. Anyway, I found an old friends blog and since then I've found tons of old roommates and friends under everyone's "blogging friends" list. I'm on a roll! If you get a chance send me an email pob439@hotmail.com.

Andrea said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. That pizza looks soooo good!

AT said...

Man that Pizza looks good! So are you guys going to do the half marathon with us when you guys come to AZ this time??

Nonny said...

What fun! Will you be posting another update soon?

abo-bder said...



.
.
.
.